Themes can be created for Torque and used in the app, they can also be uploaded to the theme server so that others can enjoy the theme
There are several parts to a theme which are contained within a .zip file:
- properties.txt - This references various settings that can be adjusted, from fonts, to needle size, colours, and the position of 'ticks' within the dial surfaces
- background.jpg - This is the main background image that is shown on the screen
- dial_background.png - this is the background used for circular dials
- display_background.png - this is the background used for square displays.
You can test your own themes by extracting the contents of your .zip file to the /.torque/themeDir/ folder on your SD card, then restarting Torque. An example of a theme file can be found here: []
As of 1.5.32 the dial_background.png and display_background.png are further expanded, so that you can now have custom backgrounds depending on the PID (sensor) the display is showing, so for an RPM dial display that you may wish to show a different background for, you would include a file named as:
The '0c' is the PID of the display you want that background to reference, for Speed, it's '0d' (0x0D in hex), and fuel pressure would be '0a'. There is a list of what these codes are on the sensors list page PluginDocumentation
You can also set the font type - include a file 'font.ttf' inside the theme zip and the app will automatically use it when the theme is selected.
Properties.txt file format
The properties file is a simply key=value file that can be edited in a text editor. It allows you to control various things like colours, and positioning of dial elements.
- displayTickColour=<colour - can be HTML notation #rrggbb, #aarrggbb or 'green'>
- displayTextTitleColour=<colour, as described above>
- displayTextValueColour=<colour, as described above>
- displayIndicatorColour=<colour, as described above> (dial needle colour, and/or other 'indicator' colour)
- font=<string font, as known in android, eg: 'sans-serif'>
If you have created a theme and want to share it, [let me know] and I'll add it to the theme server!